§ 1 – Provider, inclusion of the general terms and conditions
(1) The provider and contractual partner is Biermann Averbeck GbR, Jan Biermann and Sabine Averbeck, Geiststr. 41, 48151 Münster, telephone 0251 5340765, email email@example.com (hereinafter referred to as “provider”).
(2) These general terms and conditions are part of every contractual agreement between the provider and the respective customer. Any conflicting terms and conditions of the purchaser are contradicted.
§ 2 – Offer of goods and conclusion of contract
(1) The provider offers the items shown in this shop “typealive” to the customer for purchase. The color representation of the items on the website may vary slightly depending on the Internet browser used and the monitor settings of the customer; These deviations can never be completely avoided technically.
(2) The selection of goods, the conclusion of the contract and the execution of the contract are carried out in German.
(3) The provider delivers all products and formats within all EU countries and Switzerland. Outside the EU, only products up to the maximum format size A3 can be delivered.
(4) The customer selects the desired goods by placing them “in the shopping cart”. The order request can then be sent to the provider using the “buy now” button. The customer has the opportunity to view and change the data provided in the order or to cancel the order completely at any time until the order request is sent.
(5) The provider makes a binding purchase offer for the goods displayed in the provider's shop. By sending the order request using the “buy now” button, the customer accepts the purchase offer. The provider confirms the conclusion of the contract by email (contract confirmation).
(6) The content of concluded contracts is stored in the customer’s user account and can be viewed by the customer at any time in the user area under “My Orders”.
(7) In the event of delivery obstacles or other circumstances that would prevent the fulfillment of the contract, the provider will inform the customer by email.
§ 3 – Prices and payment
(1) All product prices are final prices plus shipping costs. The fees include 19% sales tax.
(2) The shipping costs are calculated and listed during the ordering process.
(3) For deliveries to Switzerland, customs duties and import sales tax may apply, which must be paid by the customer to the customs authorities upon receipt of the shipment. These charges are in addition to the purchase price and shipping costs and cannot be influenced by the provider.
(4) The provider delivers at the purchaser's choice against advance payment using Giropay, SEPA direct debit, EPS online transfer, instant transfer, Ideal, credit card, Paypal payment or by redeeming a voucher. With the contract confirmation, the customer receives an Internet link by email that takes him to the user area, which contains further information about the purchase process.
a) To pay using a voucher, the customer can enter a voucher code during the ordering process. The voucher value will be credited to the provider and the invoice amount will be paid in this way. If a voucher value is higher than the invoice amount, the remaining credit will expire.
b) If the customer has chosen “PayPal” as the payment method, he can access PayPal’s online service using the “Buy now” button and can initiate payment there.
(5) For prepayment orders, a payment deadline of one week applies from receipt of the contract confirmation. The provider places the desired goods aside for the purchaser for the duration of the payment period. It is the customer's responsibility to make payment in a timely manner so that it is received by the provider within the deadline. The provider reserves the right to withdraw from the purchase contract and sell the goods elsewhere if payment has not been received by the end of the deadline. Any payment received by the customer after withdrawal will be refunded to the customer.
§ 4 – Shipping and delivery times
(1) The provider delivers the goods within 4-6 working days from payment.
(2) For shipments to destinations outside of Germany, the delivery time increases by a further 2-9 working days, depending on the destination country.
(3) Several products ordered at the same time will be delivered in one shipment; The delivery time of the product with the longest delivery time applies to the joint shipment. If the customer wishes for a specific product to be delivered in advance with a shorter delivery time, he must order this product separately.
(4) If delivery to the customer fails because the customer has provided the delivery address incorrectly or incompletely, a new delivery attempt will only be made if the customer assumes the direct costs of the new shipment. These costs correspond to the shipping costs agreed upon conclusion of the contract.
§ 5 – Consumer right of withdrawal
(1) A customer who purchases as a consumer is entitled to a right of withdrawal in accordance with the legal conditions. A consumer is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes that cannot primarily be attributed to their commercial or independent professional activity.
(2) The provider grants a consumer with a permanent residence outside Germany a 14-day cancellation period even if the consumer's national law provides for a shorter period for this.
(3) The provider grants a consumer who permanently resides outside of Germany the right to transmit the cancellation declaration informally, even if the consumer's national law requires a stricter form.
(4) For consumers with permanent residence in Switzerland, the requirements and legal consequences of the German consumer right of withdrawal apply even if a withdrawal is not provided for under Swiss law.
§ 6 – Warranty
The purchaser's warranty rights are based on the legal regulations.
§ 7 – Data protection information
(1) The provider processes the data mentioned in paragraph 1 electronically for the proper fulfillment of the contract, in particular for shipping, invoicing and booking payments. For the purpose of shipping, the provider can also send the customer's name and address to the shipping company in charge.
(2) The provider keeps the data stored until all mutual claims arising from the order have been completely settled and the provider's commercial and tax retention obligations have expired.
(3) The customer can request information from the provider at any time about the data that he has stored about the customer. Furthermore, the customer can request that incorrect data be corrected at any time.
(4) The responsible body for data protection is the provider named in Section 1 Paragraph 1.
(5) If the customer uses the PayPal service for payment, the PayPal data protection regulations also apply to the payment process. PayPal acts as a vicarious agent for the purchaser, not the provider.
§ 8 – Final provisions
(1) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies, excluding the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. However, German law does not apply to consumers who permanently reside abroad if the consumer's national law contains regulations from which contractual deviations cannot be made to the consumer's detriment.
(2) If individual provisions of these general terms and conditions prove to be ineffective or unenforceable, this will not affect the effectiveness of the remaining provisions.